C11 - Bubble Nebula - Take 1

Your activities in astronomy
Forum_2017

C11 - Bubble Nebula - Take 1

Post by Forum_2017 »

Hello AA users
..submitted for critique and TIPs requested..will work another effort and respond with that progress. Still trying to get the most out of color (as usual). This is about 15 hours of data across LRGBHa. Still having problems making the most of the trichomy phase of AA. I fear I am not getting over the hump of this learning curve challenge very fast. Also attached is the typical 3 channel shot (separated stars to show size) for anyone who can guide me. I know I have plenty of data to use as I spent three nights getting good shots. Do the stars need to be the same size in trichomy before they are combined? Will this be the thing that avoids these nagging halos in the end?

Forum_2017

Re: C11 - Bubble Nebula - Take 1

Post by Forum_2017 »

ast tweek..best I can do I guess.

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Self reply: This seems to be about the best I could do. Maybe I needed exposures to be more lengthy in RGB especially. 320 s might need to be doubled I would presume to obtain good data for color manipulation. Did a lot more tries on it and one last cropped effort to help with the vignetting. Any tips out there, I will take them.

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

This one has a better blue channel. Very nice image by the way.

To balance the R/G/B channels the best tools is usually the Color Curves, remember that:
1) The window can be enlarged to work with more precision.
2) If one histogram is smaller than the other, then it can be zoomed (left click and drag up/down). Once the 3 histograms have approx the same size, then a color balance can be found more easily. The "Color Curves" Window is actually a 3-channel "histogram stretch" filter.

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Thank you again..you are very kind to continue responding..I will work on that..