Lagoon Neb and Sagittarious Star Cloud

Your activities in astronomy
Forum_2017

Lagoon Neb and Sagittarious Star Cloud

Post by Forum_2017 »

...Lagoon was plagued with dew problems. Star cloud went smoothly. Lagoon on 8" and Cloud on 3"ED. Critiques desired.
Charles

Forum_2017

Re: Lagoon Neb and Sagittarious Star Cloud

Post by Forum_2017 »

Nice! Which instrument is the wide field one?

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Hi..The wide field was an Explore Scientific ED 80 with flattener..

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Really Good images something to aspire to - would be good to know your astroart/other tools/setup workflow to achieve this - just find examples better than dry reading of manuals - although I am doing that (slowly).

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Thank you so much..I am about an intermediate level dabbler..I have pretty good gear. The CGEM mount and the Atik One 9.0 configure well together along with my 80mm and 200mm FL scopes. I am very much learning the ropes still. I have a small Sky Shed dome and pier mounted setup which greatly increases photo time and accuracy over setting up al fresco when those opportunities present..I have a SSAG pro which is more sensitive for a still less expensive AG.
There are so many things to learn, so I recommend diving in with a high level of commitment and patience. The creators of this great software will be there to to help you. AA is all I have and I stay pretty happy with results. AA workflow is actually where I am focusing right now for self improvement. Basically, I would say get as many high quality photos as you can and then process them patiently in AA. My setup is typically LRGBHa.
Any questions in that area..maybe I can help. Experiment and save everything in the computer. Don't rush the process in AA or you will lose quality, color, etc. As you go along, if you think I could possibly answer a question about any phase of your progress, I would be glad to..
Charles

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Thats good to know - I am on a steep learning curve as well - so any help will be appreciated.