Script commands for domes

Scripts and programs to automate Astroart
Dunmunro

Script commands for domes

Post by Dunmunro » 27 May 2021, 07:05

In AA7 SP6 it is mentioned that there are new script commands for domes. Can you provide the new commands and their functions?

Rudi

Re: Script commands for domes

Post by Rudi » 27 May 2021, 10:12

From the help:
Dome functions

Dome.Connect Dome.Disconnect Dome.Connected
These functions are intended for connection with the ASCOM hubs, for example "POTH" or "DeviceHub", where the movement of the dome is controlled by ASCOM. Your scripts will just open or close the window, or park the dome. Example:
Dome.Connect("ASCOM.DeviceHub.Dome") , Dome.Connect("POTH.Dome") , Dome.Connect("Simulator")
By the way, if your dome is fixed and you only need to open and close it, you can directly connect with its driver. To find out the name of this driver, the first time use the following code:
Dome.Connect("ASCOM.Chooser") : Print Dome.Name : Dome.Disconnect
Dome.OpenShutter Dome.CloseShutter Dome.ShutterStatus
Opens or closes the window. The Status is a number 0..5, for more information see the official ASCOM docs, do an internet search: "ASCOM Dome Class".
Dome.Park Dome.AtPark Dome.FindHome Dome.AtHome
Parks the dome or returns the current status.
Dome.Slewing
Returns true if the dome is moving. See the Demo scripts for a procedure which waits until the dome is no longer moving.
Dome.GetSlaved Dome.SetSlaved(true/false)
Reads of sets the "slaved" status of dome, usually you need to disable it before closing the dome.
/Rudi

Dunmunro

Post by Dunmunro » 27 May 2021, 15:21

Thanks. I checked the help menu, and found nothing. I now realize that I hadn't installed SP6 yet... :)

Rudi

Post by Rudi » 28 May 2021, 03:50

Dunmunro wrote:
27 May 2021, 15:21
Thanks. I checked the help menu, and found nothing. I now realize that I hadn't installed SP6 yet... :)
:D - do You know where to download it from?
http://www.msb-astroart.com/down_en.htm
/Rudi

Dunmunro

Post by Dunmunro » 28 May 2021, 08:44

yes, thanks. It's installed now.