New Scripting requests

Scripts and programs to automate Astroart
Forum_2014

New Scripting requests

Post by Forum_2014 »

Hi,

I know this might be a step too far, but...

It would be great to have a universal scripting capability for ALL functionality of AstroArt 5.x or 6.0

I love the automation of collecting my variable list and have created an automation tool to produce, load and execute scripts but processing could be a valuable addition.
I know this would be a change to the command entry system and would need some form of 'wait for command to complete' feedback to use in a script.
May even need a 'success' or 'fail' flag system.
I know it is just possible to control Astroart from a tool like AutoIt but there are many complications due to the menu system in Astroart.

Maybe just a new bolt on script command like:

Submit "Preprocessing Flat='D:/temp/f*.fit', FDark='D:/temp/FD*.fit', Images='D:/temp/I*.FIT', Dark='D:/temp/D*.FIT',Median,Autoalign=Pattern"
I can see that the problem is the vast number of options in the menu's. However, if the menu always rememberd all options (like the median but not like align, which does not have memory of Astroart startup conditions)
Much of this can be controlled by AutoItV3.0 i.e. On the Preprocessing window CLASS TRadioButton3 for Auto align. However an integrated scripting system would be more Astroart integrated.

Regards,

John
Hewelsfield Observatory

P.S Still using your automation of the reference stars from master reference list - works great