Modeless dialogs in scripts

Scripts and programs to automate Astroart
Forum_2018

Modeless dialogs in scripts

Post by Forum_2018 »

Is it possibe to use? If not, any possibility to implement?

Forum_2018

Re: Modeless dialogs in scripts

Post by Forum_2018 »

It's not possible, but in Scripts 6.2 you could enlarge the Output panel to display all the rows you need for feedback.
If you post more details about your research maybe I could give a better solution.

Forum_2018

Post by Forum_2018 »

OK. I'm hoping to write a script that needs to only be run once at the start of the session and it presents a menu of options like so But it shouldn't get in the way (the menu recenters itself) nor prevent the normal use of AA. I hope you get what I'm trying to achieve. Automation with as little keyboard input as possible, but allowing high flexibility in tasks. Checkbox input is also on my wishlist, eg. for selecting filters.

Forum_2018

Post by Forum_2018 »

OK, I understand. At the moment it's not possible.
Actually this task is already done by other AA users, creating their own dialog window (a simple application) for maximum flexibility. Such applications simple present buttons and options and then write a small text file when something is clicked. The Astroart scripts polls the text file and execute commands.

A simple example of the poll code is inside the second message here: (you don't need the shared folder)

www.astroart-forum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=242

If instead it's sufficient to quickly execute different scripts, consider the "Library" menu in Scripts, writing one script for each task.

Forum_2018

Post by Forum_2018 »

Thank you, Fabio. I'll look into the other solution.