Aligning with rotation in script

Scripts and programs to automate Astroart
Forum_2016

Aligning with rotation in script

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi all,

is there anybody who uses the image.blinkalign in a script? According to my experiences this command aligns two images only with shifting but without rotation. In the program window an automatic align function with shift and rotation is available. How can I use this automatic procedure in a script?

Thank you
Gerd

Forum_2016

Re: Aligning with rotation in script

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi Gerd,
I confirm that the script command cannot rotate. A solution will be probably added later this year because it would be useful for supernova search, for portable systems. That was requested also by V. Tinella (who used it for the S/N in UGC 11635, see the next post), along with an improved display of the blink window. For example: the images could be zoomed and displayed full screen on a black background, then using a PC remote control they could be checked on your TV during breakfast..
Fabio.

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi Fabio,
thank you for the answer. These planned new functions would improve the comparision of S/N images!
I asked for an update to Astroart 6.0 via email some days ago. Could you please answer?
Gerd

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

OK, but I didn't receive an email about it, please resend or check the email address:
http://www.msb-astroart.com/support.htm