Synthetic Hubble (Duo NB) OSC - Dragons of Aria

Image processing, astrometry, photometry, etc.
jauunton

Synthetic Hubble (Duo NB) OSC - Dragons of Aria

Post by jauunton » 15 Sep 2022, 23:48

I have been experimenting with a new Duo NB filter - the Antlia Golden Dual band. The acquisition & processing is all done in AP8 and the image from an ASI294MC and Askar FRA400 from an inner city site (bortle 8 and led street lights close at hand).

I realize this setup will only work for emission targets but given the horrid LP where I live I am amazed to be able to get any type of result. In effect I have an HOO image and the calibration/colour balance etc is a result of trial and error. I am wondering if there would be a more "correct" way to handle these images, eg what debayer process and channel weights will give the best result? Basically the calibrated/stacked image has been split into RGB colour channels, initial mapping is then Ha=R, Oiiia = .5R+.5G, Oiiib = .1B+.9R. Lum was taken from the base stacked image. LRGB recombined with adjusted channel factors/WB/saturation to give a pleasing palette.

I would love to hear from others using duo filters and AP8...
Attachments
dragons_small.jpg

fabdev

Re: Synthetic Hubble (Duo NB) OSC - Dragons of Aria

Post by fabdev » 16 Sep 2022, 23:46

Hi, I never used a duo narrowband filter, but I really like these colors, they give a "scientific feel" to the image.
Fabio.