Getting Cannot align image with this reference error

Image processing, astrometry, photometry, etc.
ryking

Getting Cannot align image with this reference error

Post by ryking » 28 Feb 2022, 09:32

Hi

I use Astroart 6 and as I live in the UK, often my observing sessions are cut short and I have to go back another day to get the rest of my images. So I need to be able to combine sets of data over multiple nights.

As an example, I took Red/Blue/Green images on one night and then went back to get the Light images on the next night.

I successfully combined my individual images from the first night into 3 RGB images and then use the Tricromy option to get a colour result.

I then combined my individual images from the next night into a L set and then use the LRGB combine option to try to get a final result with the colout image. At this point I get the error "Cannot align images with this reference"

All my images are taken with Astroart with the same binning value. The L image is clearly close to being aligned with the RGB set but not completley ans so needs to be shifted slightly.

This is now a consistent problem. It seems unless I take all images in the same session, I will never been able to produce a LRGB result.

The basic issue is one of alignment of two FIT's files which taken over differnet nights clearly will have some slight corrections to be made.

fabdev

Re: Getting Cannot align image with this reference error

Post by fabdev » 28 Feb 2022, 18:34

Hi, it could be solved easily if you could share the two images. By the way, try to change the align method, for example use: "Star pattern, rotation + translation" with custom settings, or "One star", or "Two stars" if there's rotation.
Try blinking the two images to find out if there is a variation of Scale, which may happen with zoom lenses. If instead there's really only shift, just use the "One star" method.
Clear skies, Fabio.