Inspect subframe and FWHM before stacking

Image processing, astrometry, photometry, etc.
Forum_2014

Inspect subframe and FWHM before stacking

Post by Forum_2014 »

The Preprocessing tool is very handy and quick. However, I have found that I may have been used some subframes with lesser quality. The table list of CCDStack that allows user to quickly identify star FWHM and view the subframe with same histogram stretch is extremely useful. I wonder if such capability can be provided with existing or scripted AA5 functions?

Thanks!

Forum_2014

Re: Inspect subframe and FWHM before stacking

Post by Forum_2014 »

Hi, do you mean with the option "Manual Alignment" ?

using "Auto Alignment" you could use "Reject bad images - FWHM max".

Forum_2014

Post by Forum_2014 »

No. I understand that you can use FWHM as a selection criterion, but that was not what I asked.

I am looking for some tools to report the FWHM of the subframes so that I may have the idea on the distribution of FWHM. It may also show any focusing degradation (or not).

Another thing I was asking was a way to quick view through all subframes with fixed histogram stretch. So any change on image quality (cloud or car passing by) may help me to discard damaged frame.

I knew that I can drag all subframe to be opened but I need to click/adjust each window to compare, which can be difficult with lots of subframes.

Forum_2014

Post by Forum_2014 »

About point (2), if you can open all images inside Astroart, then you could solve with the command View/Equalize Visualization, which sets all image with the same min/max threshold.

Forum_2014

Post by Forum_2014 »

So does AA5 has any means (either use existing function or script) to measure the FWHM in a subframe?

Forum_2014

Post by Forum_2014 »

You can do it only manually, clicking on the star with the left mousebutton, or with the command Find Stars.