Platesolve does not coincide with Fits data from Asiair Pro

Image processing, astrometry, photometry, etc.
Pitufito

Platesolve does not coincide with Fits data from Asiair Pro

Post by Pitufito » 18 Aug 2021, 13:29

My platesolve with astroart never looks any good. Now latest I found out that platesolved data from asiair pro with an asi533mc +500mm refractor is right off where it is susposed to be. I got no clue about this.
I´m using astroart7 now for two years, and never got clear with platesolve an image from an dslr for example, no matter how hard i work on it.
I always enter correctly focal lenght and sensor wide, playing up and down with all variables in astroart. raw or debayered, binned or not, no matter how adjusted, it never works.
Things changed with asiair pro, with the smallest planetary cams I am right in, i got platesolve correctly. but with larger sensors i got no consistent results.
Astrometry.net always coincides with platesolve from my asiair pro, astro art7 never.
What is wrong?
i got no idea.

Clear skies,
- Martin
Attachments
3958531.png
5605147.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-18 142255.png

fabdev

Re: Platesolve does not coincide with Fits data from Asiair Pro

Post by fabdev » 18 Aug 2021, 14:23

Hi, your image is vertically flipped, so remember to enable the option "Vertical flip".
These are the correct settings obtained from the Veil image:
Calculating the field of view using focal length and sensor size is acceptable only for the first tests, but later you must set the real field of view, as shown for example by the Statistic Window, which is 77 arcminutes for your Veil image (estimated from the screenshot). This allows to set to tolerance to 2%. Don't use less than 5 stars.
Clear skies,
Fabio.

Pitufito

Re: Platesolve does not coincide with Fits data from Asiair Pro

Post by Pitufito » 18 Aug 2021, 15:23

Hi Fabio,
Thank you for your reply.
I had no idea, and I was so wrong!, I didn´t realise to tack the box "flipped", I thought in my brain... for newtons.
Now I see as well by simply opening an platesolved image from asiair pro that I can´t just tap on the star-atlas from astroart, things might be off, even if data is contained in fits from asiair.
I have to platesolve them at first correctly in astroart, or I might get an surprise. After the platesolve from astroart on the image, everything is fine.
I will have to investigate what stands precisely on this fits files from asiair pro, I suspect I might could make a benefit from it together with asiair pro for my own use for some visual future statistics.
Thank you very much one more time for your reply and solve of my misunderstanding, jesus I still have to learn so much with all this.

Clear skies,
- Martin