Astroart Plug-ins For Image Processing

Image processing, astrometry, photometry, etc.
dredger

Astroart Plug-ins For Image Processing

Post by dredger » 12 May 2021, 14:10

Hello,

I am fairly new to astrophotography and image processing, but I purchased Astroart on recommendations I found in various astronomy forums and publications.

I have a large APO (952fl) and mount and recently graduated from DSLR to a dedicated monochrome cooled CMOS with filter wheels and supplementary guide scope. My setup will primarily use Ha, Sii and Oiii narrowband (6nm pass through) for nebula, and LRGB for other DSO's namely galaxies. I am imaging under fairly light polluted skies near a metropolis, Bortle 7 approx.

My question is the type of Plug-in processing filters that are optional to add to Astroart. Can anyone recommend processing filters that I might consider for narrowband and RLGB, and where I might find them?

Many Thanks

dredger

Re: Astroart Plug-ins For Image Processing

Post by dredger » 14 May 2021, 03:33

Never mind, I figured it out. 64-bit doesn't come with them.

Cheers!

fabdev

Re: Astroart Plug-ins For Image Processing

Post by fabdev » 14 May 2021, 12:44

Hello, plug-ins usually contain peculiar or experimental filters. When they become widely used they are usually integrated in the main program. For example, the Destripe plugin which is becomming more popular for CMOS cameras, is now integrated in SP6. Plugins released in the last 2 years are usually both 32 and 64 bits. At the moment the most important one is the Starnet plugin.