problem with dsi pro2 conecting in astroart

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2014

problem with dsi pro2 conecting in astroart

Post by Forum_2014 »

got dsi installed on three laptops one xp the others win 7 64 bit working fine with envisage and maxim dl, but in astroart 5 keep getting message DSIIO.dll activex dll not registered execute the command Regasm.exe "DSLLO.dll"/tlbSIIO.TLB ant one got a solution

Forum_2014

Re: problem with dsi pro2 conecting in astroart

Post by Forum_2014 »

Hello, the Meade DLL must be registered using the Command Prompt, all the instructions are inside the file "dsi-readme.htm". Here is a quick Copy and Paste: (yes, it's a bit complicated)

..... the command to be executed is:
regasm.exe "DSIIO.dll" /tlb:DSIIO.tlb
including also the correct paths, example: if you installed Astroart in the folder "C:\Program Files\Astroart\"

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe "C:\Program Files\Astroart\DSIIO.dll" /tlb:DSIIO.tlb

or (if you are using the .NET framework 1.1)

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\...etc etc.

Under Windows 7/Vista, the command prompt must be opened with Administrator Privilege. Click Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt with the right mouse button then select "Run as administrator".

Tip: As a first step, try to execute the regasm.exe command without any parameter to verify that it's working properly. Copy and Paste the following line into the command prompt:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe
or
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\regasm.exe

Forum_2014

Post by Forum_2014 »

thank you for your reply I have been in the canaries for two weeks , still no joy getting dsi working with astroart after inpelmenting all the instructions I now get the message regasm:error ra0000 unable to locate input assembley c\program files\ astroart\DSIIO.dll or one of its dependices .this is a seriously annoying bit this software to run a mx916ccd which it does fine ,can any one help please

Forum_2014

Post by Forum_2014 »

every thing in the dsi reme I have done including trying to install on a xp laptop without Administrator Privilege 2 win7 64bit with
Administrator Privilege also uninstalling and reinstalling ,why is this the only software that requires dll file registration.

Problem now solved on copy and paste the 5 was missing in the path ie on the dsi read me where it reads \astroart put astroart5 then it registers the dll thanks for your input