AA5, an Atik 460ex and a Lodestar

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2014

AA5, an Atik 460ex and a Lodestar

Post by Forum_2014 »

Just downloaded AA5 for first time. Using CGEM, Atik 460ex, EFW2 and Lodestar. Cant get the Lodestar to send guide info to mount via ST4 cable. Loaded all plugins and relevant drivers, ASCOMs etc. The Atik works fine for image. I can roll images from the lodestar on the focus window, but when I do a calibrate, it fails with message, unable to talk to mount (moving too slow etc).

If I use PHD guiding separately on same pc it works fine but that uses 'on camera' setting in setup for Lodestar as guide method.

I have tried most variations but cant seem to make it work. When doing a cal, I can see the red led flashing on the lodestar and the image is downloading from it but cant get it to talk to the mount. I can talk to mount using ASCOM drivers from within AA5 ok.

What settings should I use as I am sure it should work?

Forum_2014

Re: AA5, an Atik 460ex and a Lodestar

Post by Forum_2014 »

Hi Steve, in the "Telescope Setup" tab guide field did you select "Camera 2 relays" ? If not, that may be your problem, if you do have that selected it could be you are guiding with a very short focal length guide scope. I guide with a 50 mm finder scope and a QHY-5 guider I get the same message. Maybe Fabio could increase the number of calibration moves AstroArt uses during calibration.

Iver