AA8 with the Sky X

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Astrognosis

AA8 with the Sky X

Post by Astrognosis » 28 Mar 2024, 17:06

I'm doing my best at trying to use a paramount MEII controlled by AA8 via The Sky X. I have The correct ASCOM Sky for telescope control where I have deactivated synchronise. What I would like to know is the correct settings for TSX and start up procedure.
I start up AA with the control settings such that The sky X professional comes up as well (TSX). With regard to the TSX panels should I switch on connect? Should I work from the AA8 only.

What I really need is a SB paramount user who works it via the sky X. Any out there.

Eric

Dunmunro

Re: AA8 with the Sky X

Post by Dunmunro » 30 Mar 2024, 15:48

Astrognosis wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 17:06
I'm doing my best at trying to use a paramount MEII controlled by AA8 via The Sky X. I have The correct ASCOM Sky for telescope control where I have deactivated synchronise. What I would like to know is the correct settings for TSX and start up procedure.
I start up AA with the control settings such that The sky X professional comes up as well (TSX). With regard to the TSX panels should I switch on connect? Should I work from the AA8 only.

What I really need is a SB paramount user who works it via the sky X. Any out there.

Eric
It seems similar to the IOptron ASCOM driver were the iOptron Control panel starts up when the AA8 connects to the mount via the ASCON interface. With the the Ioptron control panel, you can use it simultaneously with AA8's mount control tab. Although I generally use AA8 exclusively and simply minimize the Ioptron interface during the evening imaging run (but the Ioptron contol panel has to be active). I would experiment with your setup in daylight and make sure that AA8 respects the mounts slew and tracking horizon and physical mount limits, which AA8 does do for my Ioptron mounts.