error can not load d_sbig.dll

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
ebry

error can not load d_sbig.dll

Post by ebry » 01 Feb 2024, 11:41

Hello,

After a faulty PC, I put another PC in the observatory with a clean install of windows10 Home version.
After installing astroart v7 SP2 and activation I installed my camera driver from SBIG and also the plug-in of astroart from the website. placed the 2 files in the AA-folder, restarted pc . The SBIG STL6303E camera is recognized in device manager of windows. so far so good.
When I start astroart and want to select my camera via setup I get the message 'cannot load d_sbig.dll'. I am administrator of the PC and also started astroart as administrator.

any idea what is going on here, and how i can fix this ?

thanking in advance !

Erik

fabdev

Re: error can not load d_sbig.dll

Post by fabdev » 01 Feb 2024, 12:38

Hello, verify if the file: " sbigudrv.dll " is installed in the system.
This is the file installed by the SBIG Universal Driver setup.
Fabio.

ebry

Post by ebry » 01 Feb 2024, 13:38

Thanks for the fast reply !

The file "sbigudrv.dll" is present in the folder: c:/windows/system/

Just to be sure, I had the antivirus 'Bitfender' scan the PC again completely but found no infection.

ebry

Post by ebry » 01 Feb 2024, 16:39

Hello Fabio,

After searching on the internet I read that for my old SBIG STL6303E, not the latest driver (sbigudrv.dll) may be used. I was able to find the sbigudrv.dll on the old hard drive of my defective PC and placed this file in the windows-system folder and now it works perfectly. I'm now using version 4.75 build 2 of sbigudrv.dll instead of version 5.1.1 (latest version today).

So problem is solved. ;)

best regards,
Erik.