using AA8 via The Sky X

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Astrognosis

using AA8 via The Sky X

Post by Astrognosis » 22 Aug 2023, 16:09

Are there any members who are using AstroArt xx via The Sky X to control Software Bisque paramount GEM.

I am doing this with AA8 and I have the necessary ASCOM Sky X driver from software Bisque. I think I'm having some problems using the AA8's goto - image -plate solve and synch on camera image, re-image to centre the target via AA8.

It's difficult to tell at the moment as there are not enough clear nights here in the UK at the moment to run differing trials. The plate solve works fine, though I'm getting sky altitudes that are way off by tens of degrees? The Lat and Long have been entered correctly (I believe)
Any comments, particularly from those using the Sky X.

Many thanks,

Eric

Dunmunro

Re: using AA8 via The Sky X

Post by Dunmunro » 23 Aug 2023, 04:37

Astrognosis wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 16:09
Are there any members who are using AstroArt xx via The Sky X to control Software Bisque paramount GEM.

I am doing this with AA8 and I have the necessary ASCOM Sky X driver from software Bisque. I think I'm having some problems using the AA8's goto - image -plate solve and synch on camera image, re-image to centre the target via AA8.

It's difficult to tell at the moment as there are not enough clear nights here in the UK at the moment to run differing trials. The plate solve works fine, though I'm getting sky altitudes that are way off by tens of degrees? The Lat and Long have been entered correctly (I believe)
Any comments, particularly from those using the Sky X.

Many thanks,

Eric
Sorry, I don't use Sky X.

The plate solved RA/Dec coordinates match the target object's RA/Dec?

Can you provide the lat/long coordinates as entered?

Are your time zone settings correct?