AA8 SPk Telescope Control - Centering

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Patrick

AA8 SPk Telescope Control - Centering

Post by Patrick » 05 Aug 2022, 00:32

Hello,
I am using AA8 SP2k LAA (testing) with both Camera and Telescope Simulators.
I select the Telescope Control Centre Tab
The Plate Solve Reference Stars and Search Zone values that appear were not those that exist in the Plate Solve window at the time and are obviously independent from them?
I select Telescope Coordinates and then Exposure + Centre.
I set Exposure at 3 and Binning at 1 x 1 - then take a Test Image.
After the image appears I press Start.
The following is returned:
Image: Cannot plate solve
( 13.5 +- 10% )
I understand reasons why this occurs in this Testing Mode and is not the problem. What I would like to know is:
1) Where did the 13.5 +- 10% come from? (These were not the values recorded in the Plate Solve window at the time.)
2) Are there any parameters to be set up anywhere that are needed to make the Exposure + Centre Plate Solving work?.
Should I be doing something differently?
Regards,
Patrick.

fabdev

Re: AA8 SPk Telescope Control - Centering

Post by fabdev » 05 Aug 2022, 02:36

Hello,
1-2) It's required to click "Save parameters" in the Plate Solve window. This does not depend on Service Packs, it was required also in Astroart 7 for centering the telescope with plate solve.
So, 13.5 +- 10% arcminutes is probably the default settings for plate solving. Changing them without saving is useful only to plate solve an image from another source.
The camera simulator does not produce a real image, it cannot be plate solved by the way.
Fabio.

Patrick

Re: AA8 SPk Telescope Control - Centering

Post by Patrick » 07 Aug 2022, 08:04

Fabio,
I acted on the (mistaken) expectation that the settings made would have remained for the duration of the session.
The need to use the Save Parameters function clear.s this up.
Thanks,
Patrick.