AA control panel

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Dave_S

AA control panel

Post by Dave_S » 20 Jan 2022, 14:04

When I open AA, the control panel (as in attached image) pops up in the centre of the screen, which as a 'floating window' I can move around.

If I connect the camera and scope simulators, I can still move it around.

However when I use AA8 for real, the panel remains in the centre of the screen, and does not move, which is a "pain in the butt" when you want see the area of an image that is below it.

The only way I found to get it out of the way, is use the - to remove it from view, but then I can't monitor capture progress. It would be nice if I could 'drag' it to one side, and keep it open.

Maybe there is a way, but I haven't found it.

The Plate Solving panels can be left open if needed, and moved to one side, no problem.

I know it doesn't exist, but a "Live View" option, as in Sharpcap, and Altair Capture etc, would be very useful.

Iver

Re: AA control panel

Post by Iver » 20 Jan 2022, 16:27

What has happened to me is if I leave the camera control window in the center and connect the camera the setup window opens right behind the control window and causes a similar problem. I found that if I move the camera control window to the location where I want it before I connect the equipment the setup window is then accessible in the center of the screen. It would be helpful if the camera control window would remember where it is when AA is closed and reopen in that location. Not sure what you mean by live view but I leave the camera control window open in the upper left corner all the time.
Iver

fabdev

Post by fabdev » 20 Jan 2022, 18:57

Hi, try to move the window to the side before connecting.
Is the "live view" intended for manual centering? If yes, the recommended procedure is to draw a rectangle in the middle of the image (or press CTRL + NumPad 5 to do it automatically, then CTRL + NumPad Plus and Minus to change the size), then use the Focus Window.
If instead it's for a live show, the closest function is a Sequence with the option "New window" disabled.

Dave_S

Post by Dave_S » 20 Jan 2022, 20:22

Thanks Iver, and Fabio.

Yes, its is for finite manual centering after Plate Solve.

I will try as you suggest Fabio, thank you.

Dave