Guiding problems

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
fabdev

Re: Guiding problems

Post by fabdev » 20 May 2021, 18:02

The mount (iOptron CEM40EC) is driven via ascom not the camera relays...I am not sure if this is relevant but I have noticed..
In this case select in the Telescope Window "ASCOM" for Goto, and "Same connection" for Guide.
If it still does not work you may contact me for technical assistance at: http://www.msb-astroart.com/support.htm ("Support", right panel)

jauunton

Post by jauunton » 03 Jun 2021, 04:19

I did some further testing. I have now got the system to work, I can do plate solves, centres and calibrate and run full frame guiding. I think (and I will need to do another test to confirm this) that the issue I had was using the ASCOM driver directly. My test yesterday was using the ASCOM Hub with the hub driving the mount. I did that so I could trace the commands to try and diagnose why MOVE and GUIDE did not work. I doing this I stumbled into a combination or config that did work.

Thanks to all for feedback here and from iOptron support.

PS. One anomaly I found...it seems as if the DITHER option does not work with FF Guide.

Dunmunro

Post by Dunmunro » 04 Jun 2021, 04:18

AstroBernd wrote:
19 May 2021, 20:10
Hello,
I can only comment on AA together with a CEM60 EC. That is a fantastic combination. I am 90% sure that I can move the mount from within AA. I am using both the hand controller and AA interchangeably.
After aligning with the hand controller and then syncing AA to it, i can do goto and then plate solving and center from within AA. Very easy to use and quick, dead center.
BTW, with good polar alignment, I can track w/o guiding my C11 with Hyperstar (F 560mm) at least 4 minutes.
I hope this helps
Clear skies
Bernd
I use AA7 and a CEM60 and CEM120. I never use the iOptron hand controller. I just start from the zero position, let the GPS update the time and date, and then issue a goto to my first target, then plate solve and centre from there to the target as the initial goto will be 1-2 degree off target without using alignment stars, but the platesolve easily finds the correct location.