Guiding with the SXV-H9 + Guider on the Paramount MX

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2014

Guiding with the SXV-H9 + Guider on the Paramount MX

Post by Forum_2014 »

Hi,

I have a question that is closely related to the previous one I posted here a few weeks ago...
The fact is that I own now a (nice) Paramount MX mount from Software Bisque, and also have my SXV-H9 camera with its dedicated guidehead. I used to use these cameras with my previous Vixen Atlux mount controlled by the SkySensor2000PC unit and that worked well. I could guide no problem by setting in Telescope Control -> Setup -> 'GOTO LX200 Compatible' and in
Telescope Control -> Guide 'Camera 1 Relays' or 'Satrlight Xpres Relay Box, ST4 mode' (I don't quite remember now which one was the right choice).
But now my mount has changed, and I don't see a Paramount MX option anywhere. This mount is such that it has a Guider Port built in, and the connection is then: guider connected to main camera, main camera connected to mount.

Now does anybody know what options must I set in Telescope Control -> Setup and Telescope Control -> Guide in order to
be able to guide with this mount? For instance, can I use 'Camera 1 Relays' for the guiding choice?

I'm somehow puzzled as I think i don't fully understand how all this works..

Thanks a lot for the info,

Ferran.
Last edited by Forum_2014 on 07 Dec 2018, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Forum_2014

Re: Guiding with the SXV-H9 + Guider on the Paramount MX

Post by Forum_2014 »

Hi Ferran, congrats on the new mount! Select "camera one relays" in the setup tab and "same connection of setup" in the guide tab.
If you are trying to control the mount with AstroArt I think there is an ASCOM plugin that makes The Sky look like an ASCOM driver, look at this page http://ascom-standards.org/FAQs/TheSky.htm#x2

Hope this helps,
Iver