Communication problem with Atik EFW2

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2018

Communication problem with Atik EFW2

Post by Forum_2018 »

Last night, one of the first clear nights in the past couple of months. I was set up for imaging and the filter wheel did not respond. It worked last time I was set up and the only thing I can think of is that I played with the Atik image collection program during the interim. Is it possible the Atik image capture software "didn't release" the driver? I use the ASCOM driver for the filter wheel, which seems to be recognized properly in AstroArt 6 and no errors are received when I give the command to move, there is just no motion. I will try the Atik software again tomorrow to see if that works and perhaps reload the ASCOM driver. Other thoughts (other than move to a location with better weather and don't play with strange software!)?
Thanks

Forum_2018

Re: Communication problem with Atik EFW2

Post by Forum_2018 »

I suggest a test with ArtemisCapture, if it works then the wheel is OK and you may check or update the ASCOM driver.

Forum_2018

Re: Communication problem with Atik EFW2

Post by Forum_2018 »

Many thanks - I rebooted everything and tonight it worked, but the weather was marginal. Anyway, a shot of M57 to work on as the rain comes in.