Problem With MX716

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2014

Problem With MX716

Post by Forum_2014 »

Can anyone help? I can't get my SX USB1.1 interface to work so I thought I'd try going backwards and see if I can get the ccd working via the parallel cables. First problem, I have no parallel port in my laptop so I bought a female 25 pin to USB, AA4 now accepts the camera BUT all I am getting are white screens, even when the exposure is down to 0.02/sec. Any ideas anyone? Fabio?

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. It was fine earlier, now I get 'can't install driver' on the set up page. The address (which appears changable) ends in 278

Forum_2014

Re: Problem With MX716

Post by Forum_2014 »

I Andy,

unfortunatly it's not possible to make work a ccd camera with a common usb->parallel converter, since timing must be very accurate.

The only solution is to download the correct usb driver in this page http://www.sxccd.com/drivers-downloads

Sometimes they don't work the very first time but reinstalling them and/or disconnecting the camera solves the issue. There is new text file with precise instructions inside the zip file from Starlight-Xpress ("installing the drivers.txt"). After this try to connect the camera with the Starlight program: if it works, it will work with Astroart too.