First DSLR?

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2016

First DSLR?

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi guys
Just looking at getting my first DSLR, I was interested in the Canon`s in particular the 750D and 760D but after buying a few camera magazines to checkout the latest gear most test results seem to come down favouring the Nikon`s and one I`m looking at is the D5500 which when compared to similar priced Canon`s seem to beat them for low light, quality of image etc. I was considering the Canon`s also for excellent astro support but I notice Astroart 5 doesn`t support Nikon`s yet. Are there any plans to include Nikon DSLR`s in Astroart please?.
thanks
Steve

Forum_2016

Re: First DSLR?

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi, I use both Canon and Nikon cameras, at the moment I'm controlling the Nikons with this free software:
http://digicamcontrol.com/
In the past, Canon cameras were more "open" and this gave them success in the astro market. About Astroart, I admit that this is the most important camera which is not controlled yet, but there are no plans for the next 6 months.
Fabio.

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Thanks for that link Fabio,looks a useful piece of software.
How do you find the Canon`s and Nikon`s compare for day to day use also?.
Thanks
Steve

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

None of them, I prefer to use a good compact camera. I consider DSLRs too big and heavy, and I'd use them only for astronomy or professional works (and I have many Olympus optics but I didn't find the time to purchase the adapter for either Canon or Nikon...)

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi guys
Wondering if you have had any more thoughts yet on supporting Nikon dslr`s with AA?
thanks
Steve

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Well, the new Canon driver and the modified Camera Interface 6.01 was indeed the first step for a better DSLR support.
I can say that the current to-do list now contains a new Camera Interface (which will be a major work, with many new features) then a Nikon driver then all the rest. This is just an intention, I still cannot guarantee what will happen.
Fabio.