Lodestar Problems

Cameras, telescopes, focusers and other hardware
Forum_2015

Re: Lodestar Problems

Post by Forum_2015 »

Actually it was not working...
Does anyone have the definitive reinstall process for a two camera system H18 and Lodestar (guider).
I have all the zipped drivers and software.

I still cannot find a way to get the lodestar and H18 both working together on Win8.1.
I really don't want to have to buy a new guide camera.

From the information on the Starlight Xpress forum it seems that this is a Win8.1 and Astroart5 problem that is known.... Not by me!!

I think this is an issue for "Super Fabio".

Regards,
John

Forum_2015

Post by Forum_2015 »

John,

I was successful in getting my SXVF-H9 and Lodestar working together in Windows 8.1 64 bit.
At first I installed the Signed 32 & 64 bit Win 7 & 8 camera drivers.
Updated Astroart to SP4 and Camera Interface to 5.41
SXV/SXV CCD control is version 2.80 as 2.90 added Trius support which I don't require.
Lodestar Control version 1.00

After a clean reboot both devices were present on the usb device list. I used USBDeview to verify this.
At first I had trouble with Astroart not recognizing the connected cameras until I tweaked the parameters for each until both were recognized and was able to take exposures with both cameras without a problem.
Here are my settings:
I rebooted the laptop 3 times and after each restart I went into AA and made sure both camera were present and was able to take exposures.
The laptop used is a HP Envy6 64bit 8GB ram i5 processor with Intel 7 series/C216 chipset. No additional USB devices were present on the buss (Mouse, Memory, etc...)
I hope this information helps.

-Bill

Forum_2015

Post by Forum_2015 »

I notice you have them both as primary device?
Are you sure the cameras can both take images at the same time?
I found the in these settings both cameras are connected to tge H18!
The test is set them both to 60sec and the try getting an image from both at the same time.
Thanks
John

Forum_2015

Post by Forum_2015 »

John,
To get AA to recognize both cameras, Primary Device needed to be checked on both. Any other combination did not work.
Taking simultaneous long exposures was not attempted, I'll give it a try after work.
Here is a low res screen cap showing the H9 & lodestar frames in AA. They are definitely from each camera. The H9 was capped and the lodestar wasn't.

As a test I also swapped the Imaging & Extra guide camera around keeping the same options set and it works as expected.

Bill

Forum_2015

Post by Forum_2015 »

Hi John,
I was able to take a sequence of 60 second subs with the H9 @1x1 with the Lodestar binned 2x2 & 1 second exposures. Since it was raining I did this in my garage and just let the guider try to guide on the random noise present.
I wasn't able to take 60 second guide exposures. SXV-Relays was selected under Telescope Control and connected. Also present on the USB Buss was a SX USB Filter wheel. I think to take 60 second exposures with each camera simultaneously 2 instances of AA would need to run with each camera set as the Imaging Camera.
If its an option try what I did and borrow a different laptop running Win 8.1 and setup the software & camera as see how it goes before you decide on a different guide camera.
-Bill