Suggestions for next SP

Main forum about Astroart
einari

Suggestions for next SP

Post by einari » 23 Jan 2024, 12:37

Hello,

First of all thank you for excellent astro software.
I'm especially happy about logical and understandable UI.

Some suggestions which I have been wondering.

1. In point grandient removal tool. Could it be possible to have 'AI' so that the point would avoid stars/bright objects ?
Sometimes it hard to notice those and then the gradient removal fails.
2. In stacking process could we have sizeable windows where we put all the files ?

Best regards
Tapio

Morten Lerager

Re: Suggestions for next SP

Post by Morten Lerager » 21 Feb 2024, 22:03

1) Try GraXpert
HEQ5 Pro 150PDS 60mm guide. Asiair.
Asi294mc. AA8.

einari

Post by einari » 22 Feb 2024, 11:40

I am using GraXpert and it's a nice tool.
However I like the idea of doing all processing in one software (like PI).
And since Astroart now includes pretty good gradient removal tools then why not make them better.

fabdev

Post by fabdev » 22 Feb 2024, 14:48

Hi, the filter is designed to be interactive (the window is non-blocking). Points added over the nebula and/or over the stars need to be removed, selecting a rectangle around them (the filter will update automatically if the Preview Lock is enabled).

Sometimes enabling the option "Create flat field", is useful to verify the result (but disable it before clicking OK).
While the filter is active, it's also possible to select the image and stretch the visualization.

If a proper mask can be placed over the nebula, the other gradient filter ("Adaptive") is usually easier.
Fabio.

Dunmunro

Re: Suggestions for next SP - multizone deconvolution

Post by Dunmunro » 20 Mar 2024, 21:23

I was thinking about how to implement more effective deconvolution that would work better for images that have a large variation in the PSF from the centre to the edge of the sensor. A simple way would be to automatically create a series of circular masks. with the inner mask covering about 25% diameter of the sensor, then the next mask would cover the next 25% and so on, until the circular masks fill the square dimensions of the sensor. Additional masks would cover each corner of the sensor. The user would be presented with an overlay showing each zone, and could then chose a target star or gaussian PSF for each zone. Once the target stars are chosen, the user selects the type of deconvolution to the used (RL, Max entropy...) and the number of integrations, etc and the process is started. Since the image is split into multiple zones, the process could be multithreaded. This seems to me to be a reasonably simple way to implement deconvolution within AA8 that would provide similar results to Blurexterminator.

fabdev

Post by fabdev » 22 Mar 2024, 00:08

Thanks, may you send me or post a sample image?
Actually it would be possible to deconvolve differently all parts of the image, for example if coma is present. Every corner of the image will be different.
Fabio.

Dunmunro

Post by Dunmunro » 22 Mar 2024, 00:43

fabdev wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 00:08
Thanks, may you send me or post a sample image?
Actually it would be possible to deconvolve differently all parts of the image, for example if coma is present. Every corner of the image will be different.
Fabio.
I could email you a sample fits image.