AA8 Enhancements

Main forum about Astroart
AstroBernd

AA8 Enhancements

Post by AstroBernd » 22 Jan 2022, 17:56

A few ideas for enhancing the usability from my limited perspective:

1. Setting the root directory for the parameter files: it is by default in "User/ <name>/ Astroart". For using the same parameters across different computers, it is helpful to set this root directory freely, e.g. to a network folder or a Cloud folder, so all computers access the same set of parameters and star catalogs. Any updates to e.g. observatory, plate solve, image processing would always be up to date no matter from which computer.

2. The parameters for the telescope and camera combinations are scattered across different areas of the program, e.g. telescope diameter, focal length and some camera parameters in "Options/. The field of view is used and edited in several places (Observer and plate solve). I am using different camera and scope combinations and get sometimes confused on where to check and update all the data.

3. The Star Atlas doesn't remember its last settings when reopening the program next time.
It is quite tedious to readjust its position, field of view, brightness and objects settings every time.
Also, its position and screen size are always "default" and not remembered from last time.

Again, just ideas for further fine-slipping an already very good program!
Bernd

fabdev

Re: AA8 Enhancements

Post by fabdev » 24 Jan 2022, 20:05

1 - 2 ) Yes, they would be useful.

3 ) The position is remembered, but if in a future session, an image (with coordinates) is active when the star atlas is displayed, then the star atlas goes to the field of the active image. To save and restore a field of the star atlas, consider a Bookmark:

AstroBernd

Re: AA8 Enhancements

Post by AstroBernd » 24 Jan 2022, 21:15

Thanks Fabio,
I started using the bookmarks.
3) i wasn’t clear enough. I meant the position and size of the window of the star atlas. In addition, the parameters settings within the star atlas always have to be redone.