Version 7.0 SP5 - September 3, 2020
* New feature. Full-frame autoguide for spectrographs.
* New feature. Several options for active optics.
* New feature. Airmass can be saved in the FITS header.
* New feature. Option for "software binning" 2x2 for all cameras.
* Improved. Star atlas icons are arranged on three rows when needed.
* Improved. Script commands for selected points.
* Improved. Script commands for rectangles and masks.
* Bug fix. Script command PasteText did not work.
* Bug fix. GIF animations did not loop in browsers.
* Bug fix. Star atlas showed a wrong telescope position if JNow enabled.
* Bug fix. Full-frame autoguide on multiple stars failed if bad polar alignment.
* Bug fix. Option "Copy missing borders" did not work with rotated images.
* Bug fix. Windows of telescope and focuser misplaced if multiple monitors.
The multi-star autoguide is now available for "guiding on slit", for spectrographs.
About the AOs, here is a screenshot about the new features: If you need to save the Airmass in the FITS header, remember to check if the Observatory Coordinates are configured correctly. About "software binning" this may be useful for those mono cameras with very small pixels (for example 3.5 microns) which are used in binning 4x4 for research. You may consider working in binning 2x2 (hardware) plus 2x2 binning (software) to increase the dynamic of the camera to 18 bit.
The script command for points, rectangles and masks allow further possibilities for image analysis, here are two simple examples about calculating the average value of a zone of the image:
Code: Select all
x1 = Image.Rectangle.X1 y1 = Image.Rectangle.Y1 x2 = Image.Rectangle.X2 y2 = Image.Rectangle.Y2 if x1 = x2 then print "Please select a rectangle" end end if cnt = 0 sum = 0.0 for y = y1 to y2 for x = x1 to x2 sum = sum + Image.GetPixel(x,y) cnt = cnt + 1 next x next y print "Average inside rectangle = " + Str(sum/cnt)
Code: Select all
if not Image.Mask.Active then print "Please select a mask over the image" end end if x1 = Image.Mask.X1 y1 = Image.Mask.Y1 x2 = Image.Mask.X2 y2 = Image.Mask.Y2 cnt = 0 sum = 0.0 for y = y1 to y2 for x = x1 to x2 m = Image.Mask.GetPixel(x,y) if m < 0.5 then continue sum = sum + Image.GetPixel(x,y) cnt = cnt + 1 next x next y print "Average of masked region = " + Str(sum/cnt)