Indi support?

Main forum about Astroart
garymck

Indi support?

Post by garymck » 17 Jan 2020, 20:55

Hi,
is there any possibility that in addition to Ascom support, Astroart could add Indi support? I have set up a system with a Raspberry Pi 4 using Indi running my entire imaging system wirelessly. There are several Windows packages that can connect over the network to the Indi drivers allowing remote control easily for acquisition (example: Astrophotography tool). I would love to continue using Astroart for imaging control, rather than just processing.......It also seems this trend for Indi support is gaining ground.
cheers
Gary

fabdev

Re: Indi support?

Post by fabdev » 20 Jan 2020, 14:16

Hi, Indi is very interesting and I wish that it will be compatible with Windows one day.
It's true that a Windows software can use indy now (after all it's just a network protocol) but the SDK and all the tools are not available:

https://indilib.org/about/platforms.html

so, without them, the only way to support Indy on Windows is to create a software for Linux, do all the tests there, then port the software to Windows. At the moment this cannot be done for Astroart.
By the way, is your Rasperry acting as a Indy Server? Which devices are you controlling?

garymck

Post by garymck » 20 Jan 2020, 20:07

Hi,
I have just set up a Raspberry Pi 4 acting as a server and have two lots of equipment that can be connected to it depending upon the target I wish to image:

setup 1:
Celestron CPC925 SCT
ASI071MC Pro camera
Celestron motor focuser
ASI224guide camera

Setup 2;
Skywatcher HEQ5
Moonlight motor focuser
Skywatcher 130PDS Newtonian
ASI071MC Pro camera.
QHY5L11 guide camera

The Raspberry Pi is attached to whichever system I am using. It is fitted with a Dockerpi board that allows it to be powered by 12volts, so I have a single power lead split 3 ways to power the camera, focuser and mount. The Raspberry Pi is running Stellarmate (a commercial distribution that sells for $US49). The raspberry Pi is connected to my home wifi network. I then take images with (all programs running on Windows 10 connecting to the Pi Indi server over the network ) Astrophotography Tool -windows that connects with the Indiserver, guide with PHD2-windows which also connects to Indiserver and Cartes du Ciel-windows which also connects to the Indiserver, All running on a Lenovo laptop also connected to my home wifi.
I then only have a single power lead running to the system, no cable clutter or things to tangle. This is a new development for me, and I have only set it up in the last couple of weeks. Wanted to make sure it worked before I asked about Astroart 7 supporting Indi.

Hope this helps
cheers
Gary

AdrianoV

Post by AdrianoV » 17 Feb 2020, 08:44

I'm also interested in using raspberry. Are there any news on the use of Astroart7 with this system?
Thank you

Adriano

AdrianoV

Post by AdrianoV » 18 Feb 2020, 07:41

Could it be useful to use AA in INDI?

http://www.cloudmakers.eu/windi/

Ciao
Adriano

fabdev

Post by fabdev » 19 Feb 2020, 03:54

Hello, I'm sorry, I have to confirm that this year Indi compatibility for Astroart will not be considered. This could change only if all the tools and the SDK become available for Windows, as written in the second post.

AdrianoV

Post by AdrianoV » 19 Feb 2020, 07:39

Ok, thanks a lot.

Adriano.