Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Main forum about Astroart
Post Reply
AstroBernd
Posts: 6
Joined: 17 Mar 2019, 16:23

Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Post by AstroBernd » 24 Jul 2019, 18:25

I tried to connect to the aladin website from the star atlas or the plate-solved image.
It seems the call to the website uses an outdated http:-call. The aladin website can be accessed via an https: call. e.g.: "https://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/AladinLite/"
Otherwise, very good work on updates and stability.
Thanks a lot, Fabio
Clear skies
Bernd

User avatar
Rudi
Posts: 73
Joined: 08 Jan 2019, 04:47

Re: Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Post by Rudi » 25 Jul 2019, 14:50

Works fine on my setup; AA7 SP1.

Just right-clicked the Atlas, selected "Aladin web site" and got to this page:
http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/AladinLite/? ... &fov=0.183
/Rudi

fabdev
Posts: 198
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 21:43

Re: Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Post by fabdev » 26 Jul 2019, 13:44

Hello Bernd,
it's possible that it depends on the browser, which one are you using? Maybe non-secure http is blocked? What do you see in the browser?
Thanks,
Fabio.

AstroBernd
Posts: 6
Joined: 17 Mar 2019, 16:23

Re: Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Post by AstroBernd » 28 Jul 2019, 18:58

Fabio, it works with http: in my Internet Explorer on a WIn10 machine.
It does NOT work in Internet Explorer on a Win7 Prof machine (my Laptop to run the mount, telescope and camera). I checked the settings side by side but could not find where the difference really is.
I checked out the https: aladin site and it works equally well. i would rather work on the https site, but will still compare settings to find the difference.
Thanks for the help so far
Bernd

AlessandroMaitan
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 May 2019, 08:02

Re: Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Post by AlessandroMaitan » 29 Jul 2019, 07:52

Fabio, it doesn't work for me, W10 professional and Edge.
I think that it could depend on the link that uses http instead of https. I checked changing http:// with https:// and works correctly.

Alessandro

fabdev
Posts: 198
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 21:43

Re: Connection to aladin website fails on AA7 SP1

Post by fabdev » 29 Jul 2019, 12:42

Hello, I cannot reproduce with my browsers, but I changed the link to https in Service Pack 2 alpha, if you need a prerelase just write by email or PM.
Thanks, Fabio.

Post Reply