How to reopen a minimized window?

Main forum about Astroart
Dunmunro

Re: How to reopen a minimized window?

Post by Dunmunro » 15 Mar 2019, 18:39

I installed AA7 on another laptop and it correctly shows the star atlas as an icon when minimized...

My current display (from where I am typing this) is a 1920x1200 projector display but the source is a laptop with a native display of 1366x768. By default the laptop forced the projector display to scale the fonts and icons by 150% and when any scaling (even 125%) is introduced into the display then the Star Atlas icon will disappear and be unrecoverable.

I changed laptops that I use for displaying to the projector from an older AMD based machine to a newer machine with Intel graphics - in the past I've always had problems with integrated Intel graphics cards when displaying via a projector. My older AMD based machine displays the Star Atlas Icon properly even with some scaling.

So, at least on my machines, the problem is related to Intel based graphics scaling and probably not to the recent Win10 update.

umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 » 16 Mar 2019, 16:22

Thanks for all of the suggestions, Duncan. I tried them and even used Windows 10 software compatability test to try and fix the problem. The test reformatted windows to Windows 8 but the result was exactly the same. No taskbar on the bottom so no ability to find minimized windows. So, I am just going back to SGP and keep learning it and have to use another software to stack my images.

Dunmunro

Post by Dunmunro » 16 Mar 2019, 16:57

umasscrew39 wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 16:22
Thanks for all of the suggestions, Duncan. I tried them and even used Windows 10 software compatability test to try and fix the problem. The test reformatted windows to Windows 8 but the result was exactly the same. No taskbar on the bottom so no ability to find minimized windows. So, I am just going back to SGP and keep learning it and have to use another software to stack my images.
That must be very frustrating.

Have you tried running AA7 on another machine? I have installed AA7 on about a dozen machines (we have 3 residences) and the only one that exhibited this problem was the one using a dual display where scaling was being forced onto the 2nd display.

umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 » 16 Mar 2019, 17:07

Unfortunately, I only have 1 windows PC. All of my other computers are MACs. And the PC is a new Dell and I tried 3 other astro programs and they are load up fine. So, it is something funny between my new Dell and AA7. Frankly, I do not want to waste time exploring what is wrong, especially not being a computer IT type. I'd rather spend my time learning how to image. It is a shame as I wanted a more intuitive all-in-one program but I just do not want the headache of troubleshooting OS problems.

umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 » 06 Apr 2019, 20:38

Just a FYI...… changing scale and layout from the recommended 125% to 100% fixes the problem of minimized windows disappearing in Windows 10.