Startup parameters

Main forum about Astroart
ajtdebruin

Startup parameters

Post by ajtdebruin » 13 Feb 2019, 11:54

Dear all, Fabio,

Doing spectroscopy I usually use 2 instances of AA7. One for the imaging camera (SXVR H814) and one for guiding (Lodestar X2).
The imaging camera uses binning and a horizontal flip. I also want no autostretching of contrast and autosave of sequences.
For the Lodestar I use no binning and I do want autostretching and no autosaving.

My question is: is there a way to start AA7 with a parameter set? For instance 2 ini files?
In the "old" days you would start a program on the commandline as: "astroart/lodestar" for instance.

Regards Arnold

fabdev

Re: Startup parameters

Post by fabdev » 13 Feb 2019, 12:25

Dear Arnold,
to do that you need to create another installation folder for the second instance (just make a copy).
Inside the second instance you must create a folder called "Config" which will be used for the .ini files.
I suggest to don't create that installation folder in Program Files.
Fabio.

ajtdebruin

Post by ajtdebruin » 13 Feb 2019, 14:34

Dear Fabio,

Brilliant! Thanks

Cheers Arnold

nbastro

Post by nbastro » 26 Sep 2019, 22:03

Hi Fabio,
This may be the same solution, but I use either of two configurations, FASTAR or standard with different cameras, etc. Can I use the same method to make different startup files for each so I don't have to change the parameter settings for photometry and astrometry?
Thanks,
Newell

fabdev

Post by fabdev » 27 Sep 2019, 11:11

Hi, it will work with any setting of Astroart.
Once the "Config" folder is created (remember: not in Program Files, because it will be write-protected) all .ini files will be saved there.