Astroart TIFF save incorrect

Main forum about Astroart
Forum_2017

Astroart TIFF save incorrect

Post by Forum_2017 »

Hi

I have a nagging problem with TIFF saving. Whenever I want to save the image in TIFF format in Atroart for further processing in PS, the TIFF save is all scrambled up. Any ideas how to overcome this? I use the latest version of AA with SP3. When saved as TIFF the picture that looks good in AA, looks like this with any other pic program (including windows photo viewer).
I haven't yet mastered the noise reduction processing in AA as much that I could give up using PS as post-processing sw.

Thanks!

Clear skies

Forum_2017

Re: Astroart TIFF save incorrect

Post by Forum_2017 »

Hi,
that image looks like a 32 bit image clipped to 16 bit. Check the Range (R = xxx ... yyy of the image).
You may use "Save view" instead of "Save data". Or Scale the image to 16 bits before saving. Other Windows software is limited to 16 bits.

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Hi

Thanks Fabio, the save view does the trick. I assume though, that this mode of saving loses a lot of the original data especially if the third party software is used for post processing?

Forum_2017

Post by Forum_2017 »

Hi,
there is no 8-bits loss, all the 16 bits are filled with useful data. A possible loss can happen only if your original image is a sum of many images, and 16 bits are not enough to keep all the information, but PS cannot handle more than 16 bits per channel, so this does not matter. By the way, instead of Save View, try Save Data after Arithemetic/Scale to 16 bits. Another solution is to use Average instead of Add in Preprocessing, this will keep the range of your summed images in 16 bits.