AA6: Issue storing darks captured in an imaging session

Main forum about Astroart
Forum_2016

AA6: Issue storing darks captured in an imaging session

Post by Forum_2016 »

I had a productive observing night yesterday, using AA6 for the first time at the scope. Most things worked well,even smoother than with AA5.
However, when capturing a series of darks in the middle of the session, i observed the download of the darks to take forever. After aborting them, the last Picture taken would be stored as the dark. I switched to my old AA5 Installation, which worked just fine.

Settings used in CCD plug-in:
CCD plug-in: 6.01
Autosave ON; new Window OFF; sequence: 1 to 8; 60s exposure; dark Frame ON;

Anybody had a similar experience? How can i correct this?
Sincerely
Bernd

Forum_2016

Re: AA6: Issue storing darks captured in an imaging session

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi Bernd, I use a script to collect my darks so it's been a long time since I used the sequence tab. I just tried it with the camera simulator and it worked. Are you sure you had a save to folder selected and autosave selected? Prior to using a script on more then one occasion I forgot to set one or the other. After one rare trip to a dark site at the end of a long sequence I realized I had not selected autosave. That's why I started using a script.

Iver

Forum_2016

Re: AA6: Issue storing darks captured in an imaging session

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hello Iver,
Thanks for responding quickly!
Yes, i had the "save to Folder" activated during the Imaging session and am pretty sure it was unchanged for the darks (as it saved to the correct filename, but with the last Image taken before the first dark. Also, the FITS header of the file shows in OBJECT = 'DF 60s', which was the description I entered for the dark frame.
Bernd