Retrieve configuration for another installation

Main forum about Astroart
Forum_2016

Retrieve configuration for another installation

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi,

I made a big mistake a couple of months ago, my daughter needed a computer urgently haven't broken her old one for her exams so I had to lend her my imaging laptop which she managed to drop!

I now need to get all my filters order details from the old hard disk to load them onto my new computer, please can someone tell how to extract this?
I'm currently using AA5.

Thanks

Forum_2016

Re: Retrieve configuration for another installation

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi,
if you mean the serial number/password then it cannot be retrieved anyway from a previous installation. That data is simply located in the email about the order. If you lost the email, just contact: http://www.msb-astroart.com/support.htm

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi,

Sorry I should have been clearer, I've got the serial number and password what I need to know is the configuration of the filterwheel from the camera plugin. I don't have the order of the filters stored anywhere else other than in AA so I hoping this could be extracted from a configuration file.

Thanks

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Hi, the file is called: " f-wheel.ini " , look in the Astroart installation folder and in:
c:\users\<username>\Appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Astroart5\ on Windows 7

Forum_2016

Post by Forum_2016 »

Great thanks you've saved me from many hours of pain :)